Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Donation Guidelines for Phase II Reopening
- You can bring your donations to the West Waco Library (Bosque Blvd.)
- Drive around the building to the loading dock in the back.
- Donations will be accepted Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 AM to 2 PM.
- Items left outside will be automatically discarded.
- Please limit book donations to two boxes of items or less.
- Please bring your materials in boxes or bags that you can leave at the library.
We gladly accept:
- Hardcover and paperback books in good condition.
- Music CDs, DVDs, and audiobooks in their original cases
- Magazines – 2015 or newer
- Encyclopedias – 2000 or newer
- Textbooks – 2000 or newer
We cannot accept:
- Items that are unhealthy to handle, dirty, moldy, smelly, chewed, wet, or otherwise damaged
(general guideline: if you wouldn’t give it to a friend, please don’t give it to the library)
- Boxes that have been moved directly from long term storage to the library. Please make sure you have properly inspected your materials before donating them.
- Books with missing covers or pages
- Softcover books with crooked or twisted spines
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Clearly outdated materials
How can you help?
The Friends accept monetary donations and book donations for the annual sale. To donate books, take them to the West Waco Library & Genealogy Center.
The Waco-McLennan County Library welcomes donations that are clean, dry, and mold-free. Donations will be evaluated and, if appropriate, added to the collection or donated to the Friends of the Library for their annual book sale. After materials are donated, they become the sole property of the library.
The Friends need volunteers all year long! You can help sort books, work at the sale or help with other year-round fundraising projects.
Become a Member
It only costs $25 to be a Friend and help the Library.
Who are the Friends?
The Friends are volunteers who help to raise funds and advocate in support of the Waco-McLennan County Library.
Check out their Facebook!
What do they do?
The Friends of the Waco-McLennan County Library support the Waco-McLennan County library system.
This means that the Friends contribute to the success of Library programs and services for kids, teens and adults.
1717 Austin Ave. Waco, TX 76701