Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Monday through Friday
from 10 AM to 5:30 PM
Here's how it works:
1. Go online & place your hold. Choose where you want to pick it up.
2. You’ll get a text or email when your hold is ready. Call your pickup location when you get your text or email.
- Central: 254-750-5943
- East Waco: 254-750-8620
- South Waco: 254-750-8621
- West Waco: 254-750-3695
3. Drive to your pickup location.
4. Call us when you get here and have your Library Card ready.
5. Stay in your car and we’ll bring your holds to the pickup table*. You can pick them up from the table and be reading in no time!
*The pickup table allows us to maintain the recommended social distancing practices. If you are using public transportation or on foot, just wait at the table for your items.
Filing your taxes online? Filling out job applications? Need to do a Zoom interview? Use one of our special business laptops now available at East Waco, South Waco, and Central libraries! Call 254-750-5944 to book your time. Monday - Friday, 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Phase II Reopening Info
- All Locations: Monday through Friday 10 AM – 6 PM
- Curbside Pickup ends at 5:30 PM
- All bookdrops are open 24/7
- WiFi available within 150 ft. of each building from 7 AM – 9 PM
- Questions? Call during open hours listed above or use the Ask A Librarian feature online.
- Grab & Go: Browse and check out or pick up your holds in the library
- Curbside Continues: see below for details
- Computer Use by appointment only: 1 hour per person per day. No extensions. No exceptions. Fewer computers will be available therefore, time is limited.
Book online or call the library.
- No public seating to slow the potential spread of the virus.
- Meeting, conference and study rooms are closed to discourage social gatherings.
- No toys or games in children’s areas.
- In-person programming has been cancelled to avoid social gatherings.
- Virtual programming is available here
- Try our text message Scavenger Hunt by texting WMCLhunt to 254-237-2300 to get your first clue.
What We’re Doing to Keep You Safe
- Plexi-shields installed at all public service desks
- Face coverings worn by staff
- Limited number of computers and no public seating to encourage social distancing and slow the spread of the virus
- Quarantining all returns in accordance with American Library Association guidelines (requests for materials may be delayed as a result)
- The Library is taking reasonable measures; however, staff is unable to comprehensively sanitize every single item that is checked out, handled in our libraries, or returned.
When and where do we return books and other items?
You can return material to any book drop. If your items are eligible to renew, you can do that online to have some extra time. Please return items in a timely manner to avoid fines in the future and keep the books moving during the quarantining process.
Where can I find more info about any changes?
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter and
Instagram and we'll be posting updates as we have them.
What Library services are available online?
- Ebooks and eAudiobooks are available as usual through the CloudLibrary app.
- Print from home and pick up at the Library: Click here
- Our Ask A Librarian service is still available through our catalog.
- Many of our online reference databases are available for home use and will continue to be.
- You can also renew, place holds and check your account online anytime.
1717 Austin Ave. Waco, TX 76701