Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Monday through Friday
from 10 AM to 5:30 PM
Here's how it works:
1. Go online & place your hold. Choose where you want to pick it up.
2. You’ll get a text or email when your hold is ready. Call your pickup location when you get your text or email.
- Central: 254-750-5943
- East Waco: 254-750-8620
- South Waco: 254-750-8621
- West Waco: 254-750-3695
3. Drive to your pickup location.
4. Call us when you get here and have your Library Card ready.
5. Stay in your car and we’ll bring your holds to the pickup table. You can pick them up from the table and be reading in no time!
Summer Reading Club
Sign up TODAY for the Make Reading a Habit Challenge! It's easy!
Read every day (or at least 40) and add it to your log. Complete activities for badges, too!
You can get actual badges to add to your sign-up tote bag and other great prizes.
If you read more than 50 days, you can get a ticket in the grand prize drawing.
Use the Beanstack App to track your progress.
New Phase III Info
Central Library: Monday through Saturday 10 AM - 6 PM
All other locations Monday through Friday 10 AM - 6 PM
- Curbside Pickup ends at 5:30 PM
- All bookdrops are open 24/7
- WiFi available within 150 ft. of each building from 7 AM – 9 PM
- Questions? Call during open hours listed above or use the Ask A Librarian feature online.
- Curbside Continues: see below for details
- Computer Use: 1 hour per person per day. No extensions. No exceptions. Fewer computers will be available therefore, time is limited.
- No toys or games in children’s areas.
- In-person programming will resume in the fall.
- Virtual programming is available here
When and where do we return books and other items?
You can return material to any book drop. If your items are eligible to renew, you can do that online to have some extra time. Please return items in a timely manner to avoid fines in the future and keep the books moving during the quarantining process.
Where can I find more info about any changes?
Follow us on: Facebook, Twitter and
Instagram and we'll be posting updates as we have them.
What Library services are available online?
- Ebooks and eAudiobooks are available as usual through the CloudLibrary app.
- Print from home and pick up at the Library: Click here
- Our Ask A Librarian service is still available through our catalog.
- Many of our online reference databases are available for home use and will continue to be.
- You can also renew, place holds and check your account online anytime.
1717 Austin Ave. Waco, TX 76701